Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Weltmeisterschaft 2010

As most of you know, I was privileged enough to be in Germany for the 2006 Weltmeisterschaft. I studied abroad in Germany from March through July of '06 and it couldn't have been more perfect. This year's World Cup will be slightly different, living in Denver, instead of the largest University town in Germany. However, in order to bring the World Cup to CO, we have the Deutschland Mannschaft poster from 2006 hanging in our living room, I broke out the German Jersey, and Shane rocked a Deutschland t-shirt to show his support for the first German game of the World Cup on Sunday... where Germany natürlich kicked butt. And I think I will paint my nails to represent the national flag. I may not be drinking Pilsners and celebrating in the streets with 2,000 college kids, but I am anticipating a Germany victory where we can sing about Deutschland as the Weltmeister! Auf geht's Deutschland!
Not my most flattering picture, but you can't deny the energy.


1 comment:

  1. Auf geht's Deutschland! So happy to have been able to watch their erste Spiel with you. Looking forward to this blog adding another item to my list of "Distracting Things to do at Work." Ich liebe dich!

    ReplyDelete