Friday, June 25, 2010

Moving

I don't like moving. It is probably my least favorite thing. And for the first time in my moving career, I actually have furniture that I care about and things that may need to be packed with care. I have a feeling that this will only add more to my dislike.

But that's not even the half of it. To add insult to injury, we need to move twice in ten days. Our lease is up on July 31st and our new lease begins August 10th. What this means in moving lingo is, pack up everything, rent a U-haul, move it to Shane's parent's house, unload it, bring the U-haul back, live out of a suitcase, have a long commute, rent another U-haul, pack it back up, drive it back to Denver, unload it, and then bring it back once more.

Shane doesn't seem to find this nearly as dramatic as I do, so we have come up with a solution, which I think will work nicely. I pack everything, and then he moves everything, twice.

Don't tell Shane, but I think I win... Hello new apartment!

(Don't get me wrong, there are quite a few things I am looking forward to in the new place, despite my lack of enthusiasm for the process.)

1 comment:

  1. 1. I can't wait to see the new place
    2. I think you got the better deal too.
    3. I dislike moving and have to do it in July as well.
    4. You're moving during the period of time that I'm coming to visit....it's okay though since the Mueller's love me. We can repeat your birthday weekend then. :)

    ReplyDelete