Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer Cocktail Series: Mixing with Blueberry Syrup

Last week Shane and I bought a big container of blueberries on sale. We ate a few, but I soon wanted something new to do with them, so I made a simple syrup using the rest. We've been using the syrup to try out new cocktail ideas. I experimented with vodka, sparkling clementine Izze, and the blueberry syrup. I also played around with rum and the blueberry syrup with some friends on Friday night. Here are the two recipes I think turned out the best and are very easy to make! And isn't the one pictured below so beautiful?


Clementine Blueberry Cocktail
2 parts* vodka
1 part blueberry syrup
2-3 parts sparkling clementine Izze (or any sort of orange soda)
1/2 part lime juice
Stir all of the ingredients together with ice in a cocktail glass


Blueberry Rum Cocktail
1 parts white rum
1 part blueberry syrup
2 parts Pomegranate Izze (I have been on an Izze kick-you could substitute with cranberry juice or pomegranate juice, or something of the like)
Splash of lime juice
Add ice, then I splashed club soda to top it off (makes it a little less sweet)


*I used a shot glass to measure a "part" for both of these recipes.


I think incorporating champagne with the syrup could be really delicious!


Shane also grilled up some delicious steaks and turkey burgers (it was not just the two of us eating).


Happy Weekend! We are going to a wedding for our friends Nicole and Nate tonight and are so excited to celebrate with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment