Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dinner

      As most know, I don't cook. Shane is an awesome cook and I don't think it's necessary to have two of us in the kitchen...that and I really just don't like it. So for our anniversary and in honor of my husband, I cooked.  But not only did I cook, I stuffed a fish. Stuffed-it. I just so happen to be  disgusted with raw meat, so it was kind of a big deal. Usually when Shane cooks, I stand over him in the kitchen and complain about him not watching his hands enough and then complain when he touches the sink to turn the water on to wash his hands. Needless to say, that is why I don't hang out in the kitchen much.
     So I stuffed a fish, all by myself. It was a whole, just caught, kind-of, snapper, stuffed with crab meat. I didn't slice the snapper (ew) and I certainly did not make my own crab meat, but I created a masterpiece that was as delicious as it was beautiful.
I sang and talked to the fish throughout and also spoke to my Betta who was looking on in horror, reassuring him that he would remain my pet. Overall I would say it was such a success that  
I may just cook again one day.

4 comments:

  1. well done liz. that looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the whole fish thing gets me a little bit, although it looks like they removed the eye, impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive. I would have been more impressed if you did actually "make crab meat." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, Christina...the eye just exploded/melted in the cooking process. It was so delicious though! I was very proud on multiple levels. Well done, Liz. I support your decision to cook again.

    ReplyDelete