Friday, February 4, 2011

Book Club

I have only mentioned this briefly in passing, but I belong to a book club out here in the Mile High City. And maybe this is a confession I shouldn't share, but I have always wanted to be in a book club. So three years ago when I had just trekked across the country and was asked to join a brand new book club, by my soon-to-be sister-in-law, I was thrilled. Ecstatic you could say. Of course I wanted to play it cool, but it was not only my dream, but I thought, FINALLY, I don't have to hang out in the basement of my in-laws' house with Shane and all of his guy friends.

Three years later, we are still going (Right, has it really been three years?!!). I admit that we don't all read the book each month. It's not a requirement.  When it comes to choosing a book, I am a classics girl. My past three choices have been:


I am sure most of you who know me, or knew me well at some point, are not shocked by my choices, maybe you're even bored, thinking Liz, there is a whole world of books not written by Ayn Rand or about being a feminist. Well, I am always open to new suggestions. I just may not take you up on it.

2 comments:

  1. For a refreshing foray into the world outside of feminism (and if you have time outside of washing dishes and doing Shane's laundry), you should check out:
    Shantaram, by Gregory David Roberts and
    Confessions of an Economic Hitman by John Perkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are a strong book club, I think it is the wine and cheese that keep us going! Haha~!

    ReplyDelete