Friday, September 24, 2010

A blog I suggest you follow

As I sat in our apartment last night, I couldn't help but be concerned when Mel asked me the following questions:
1. Do you have the pictures from apple picking last week still on your camera?
2. Can I have them on my computer?

These seem like ordinary enough questions to the outside listener, however, I immediately detected the meaning behind the inquiries...

In asking Mel to be our roommate for the next year, I did not realize what exactly I was putting at stake. I didn't think beyond, "oh it will be fun; we've been roommates before; we know how to live together, etc etc". I should have known better though. I should have been alerted with her initial statement of, "I don't have a camera". I should have been prepared...but she didn't even have a blog at the time. How was I to know?

I have now come to the full realization that no photo is safe from her, no story of last weekend free from her grasp. So, instead of creating a competition and as a way of surrender, I am posting the link to her blog, so that ultimately you will follow her, therefore sharing another little piece of our world{with Mel} in the Mile High City.

Plus, she is funny, smart, entertaining, and she does a really great job making collages from the pics, so really I should be grateful.

2 comments: